Fishing in Gili Islands is unique fishing experience. Often fishing trip are offered by local fishing charters and you will drive out off coast. You may fish with local fisherman with outrigger boat. There plenty of fishing spots in Gilis island both off shore and near the islands. Near the islands of gilis, you may fish near collection of coral heads with the condition of drop down canyons, it is also perfect deep sea fishing on the northwest of Gili Trawangan island. There are also array of fishing spots off the gili islands scattered in Southwest of Lombok, Bangko-bangko, Lombok Strait close to Nusa Penida Bali and northern coast of Lombok. You have the opportunity to catch trevallies fish, king mackerel, mahi-mahi, snapper, coral trout and grouper.
- Fishing in Bali – Best Spots & Bali Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Lombok – Best Spots & Lombok Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Jakarta – Best Spots & Jakarta Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Komodo Island & Labuan Bajo – Best Spots & Labuan Bajo Fishing Charters
Gili Islands is three small islands namely Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno & Gili Air located in the northwest of Lombok which known as popular tourist destinations in Lombok. Lombok is a Bali’s neighboring island and easy to reach both from Bali and also from the mainland of Lombok. These islands are popular diving destinations.
- Fishing in Sumatra: Best Spots, Trips & Sumatera Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Kalimantan: Best Spots, Trips & Borneo Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Papua: Best Spots, Trips & Papua Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Sulawesi: Best Spots, Trips & Celebes Fishing Charters
Gili Trawangan: Gili Trawangan is the largest of Gili Islands measuring 3 kilometers long and 2 kilometers wide. This island is the most developed tourism which is the center of diving, resort, restaurant and other recreation. There are no motorized vehicles in these island, but you can travel with bicycles, horse drawn carriage, boats and speedboats.
Gili Meno: Gili Meno is the smallest island in Gilis located in the middle between other two Gilis. The economy of the island is from tourism, coconut plantation, fishing, and small production of seaweed. This island is surrounded by beautiful beaches, crystal clear water and charming sceneries.
Gili Air: Gili Air is a beautiful island offer great scuba diving spots, snorkeling and great place for stand up paddleboarding. You will feel calm and quiet in these island and life to be slow and simple rather than in glamor and luxurious Bali.
Other Things to do in Gili Islands
There are still lots of things to do in Gili Islands such as diving , snorkeling and many more. here are best things to do after fishing trip in Gilis:
- Standup Paddle
- Sunset Watching
- Horse riding along the beach
- Island Hopping
- Things to do in Pulau Weh (Sabang Island)
- Things to do in Bali Indonesia
- Things to do in Indonesia
- Things to do in Yogyakarta
- Things to do in Aceh & Banda Aceh
Besides of being diving destinations, fishing in Gili Islands offer a wide opportunity for fishing in abundant marine resources.