Fishing in Langkawi is great all year round, but fishing conditions can still vary from month to month but the best time to fish is between January to July and December to January. Langkawi is one of the best fishing spots in Malaysia offers incredible deep sea fishing. During the fishing trip in Langkawi Island, you will also discover the beauty of the island and its crystal clear waters and catching wide range of fish species such as groupers, snappers, barracudas, trevallies, threadfin, queen fish, wahoo and many more. Deep sea fishing charter in Langkawi can be done off the northeast coast. You will discover fantastic fishing in Andaman Sea.
- Fishing in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Best Spots, Trips & Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Sabah, Malaysia: Best Spots, Trips & Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Selangor, Malaysia: Best Spots, Trips & Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Perak, Malaysia: Best Spots, Trips & Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Johor, Malaysia: Best Spots, Trips & Fishing Charters
Langkawi is a district in Kedah and archipelago 30 kilometer off coast northwestern Malaysia in Malacca Strait. The islands is adjacent to Thai boarder. Langkawi is a duty free island with Cenang Beach is the most popular tourist area. Langkawi counted 99 islands surround the main island and only four island are inhabited namely Pulau Langkawi, Tuba, Dayang Bunting and Rebak. Visiting Langkawi is one of a-must things to do in Malaysia, there are many enchanting things to do in Langkawi ranging from snorkeling, fishing, island hopping, visiting sky bridge, Unesco Geopark, diving in Payar Island and many more.
- Fishing in Penang, Malaysia: Best Spots, Trips & Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Sarawak, Malaysia: Best Spots, Trips & Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Tioman Island, Malaysia: Best Spots, Trips & Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Miri, Malaysia: Best Spots, Trips & Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Labuan & Victoria, Malaysia: Best Spots, Trips & Fishing Charters
The waters around Langkawi teem with game fish to catch. Clear waters are good hunting ground for groupers and snappers. The deep sea fishing off the coast has abundant giant fish as well as tropical fish. On this beautiful archipelago can hook the fish ranging by jigging, casting and anchoring for bottom fishing are also the option.
- Fishing in Bali Indonesia: Best Spots, Trip & Bali Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Nusa Dua Bali: Best Spots, Trip & Deep Sea Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Brunei Darussalam: Best Spots, Trip & Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Thailand: Best Spots, Trip & Fishing Charters
- Fishing in Vietnam: Best Spots, Trip & Fishing Charters
Langkawi is become one of favorite angling destination which offer offshore fishing delight and near island fishing trip. There are many fishing charters offer a day and multi day trip to several best spots and continue lure anglers here.
Best Fishing Spots in Langkawi:
- 1. Northeast Coast of Langkawi, Andaman
Here you can fish by jigging in deep water spot where you can catch tuna, wahoo, grouper, snapper, barracuda, and other big fish.
- 2. Tukun Perak Island
You will be fish surrounding the island where trevallies, grouper, snapper, mackerel and wahoo can be catch as common fish here.
- 3. Singa Island
You can fish near surrounding island, the catch normally like grouper, snapper, queenfish, stingray, emperor, mackerel and wahoo.
- 4. Beras Basah Island
Beras Basah Island has expansive white sand beach and clear blue waters offer you great catch ranging from grouper, snapper, queenfish, emperor, spannish mackerel to wahoo.
- 5. Dayang Bunting Island
Dayang Bunting island is an uninhabited island in Langkawi. The island surrounded by mangrove forest and a limestone formation. Fishing in Dayang Bunting allow you to catch a wide variety of fish species ranging grouper to trevallies.
Other Popular Islands Fishing in Langkawi:
- Timun Island
- Langgun Island
- Batu Merah Island
- Tepor Island
- Rebak Besar Island
Langkawi has many fishing spots and good catch. With 99 islands, there are still many hidden fishing spots in Langkawi to explore. There are many reef spots spread across north of Chorong Island to southwest Singa Besar Island, south of Langkawi, Batu Merah Strait, Dayang Bunting Island, Bumbon Besar Island, Balar Island, Beras Basah Island, Tanjung Timur, Jong Island, Paku Island, Tiloi Island, Lima Island, Puchong Island. Besides, it is also offer squid fishing in Langkawi precisely in Cupak Island and Puchong Island.